Duke of Edinburgh
At The Forest School, we believe in inspiring our young people - 'our future world leaders'. The Duke of Edinburgh award is central to our school ethos, as we know that incredible learning and experiences happen through completing the full suite of Volunteering, Skills, Physical, (Residential) and Expedition sections of the DofE award.'
|Introduction to eDofE using 5 easy steps:|
- Sign into your eDofE account with the login details sent to you.
- Complete your contact details to receive your DofE welcome pack
- Use the ideas for activities via the opportunity finder to help you write your plan and complete the details for your volunteering, physical and skills sections (Gold participants should also complete the details for their residential section), once completed please submit to your DofE Leader, Mrs Deer email@example.com
- Choose your assessor and tell them what you will be doing, your goals in achieving this and how you plan to evidence them.
- Download the eDofE from the App Store and start completing your sections, logging evidence for them as you go.
The DofE at The Forest School provides a balanced programme of activities that develop the whole person in an environment of social interaction and team working.
We currently offer the Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards.
We offer an extensive range of extra-curricular activities at The Forest School which can help you to complete each section. Activities you take part in outside of school could also count towards the award. Choose activities that motivate you and go on your own personal journey.
Please work through the training links below and answer the relevant questions.
Every completed training section includes an online quiz. When completed it can be uploaded as your evidence of participation in training.
|Duke of Edinburgh fee information|
Bronze - £200, Silver- £260. Gold - POA. Please note once your child has been accepted, any monies paid are non-refundable.
Although students will have regular meetings with our DofE Manager to receive support, we would like to remind you that, as this is an extra-curricular activity, we expect students, as well as parents / carers, to ensure that the different sections are completed and that they are done so on time.
The Physical, Skills and Volunteering sections must be undertaken once a week, with two of these sections to be completed over three months, and one over six months. Although students will be assisted in selecting appropriate activities and monitored throughout the delivery of the Award, completion of these sections will primarily be the responsibility of the students taking part.
You can find more useful information on the DofE website.
For more information please email Mrs Deer firstname.lastname@example.org