Useful Information: Uniform, Cashless Catering, Lesson Times, Standard Forms
Please find useful information about the school within the pages below
Cashless Catering Information
Our Cashless Catering System was purpose designed to meet the ever evolving needs and demands of the catering provision that is required by today’s Schools and Academies. This allows us to be better able to provide our students with a faster, more efficient and more appealing meal service. Please read the following document for more information
|Contact and Visit the Uniform Shop:|
Hawkins Sport will be selling ALL uniform and PE/Games kit, excluding school ties from their store. School ties can be purchased via the Finance Office
Visit https://www.hawkinsport.co.uk/category/forest-school Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01628 819242
Visit: Unit 10a Wessex Road Industrial Estate, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5DT.
OPENING HOURS: Monday to Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Hawkinsport Uniform Price List 2018 To download the price list click here
Uniform Donations and Purchasing Second Hand Uniform
Second Hand Uniform
We have a limited range of second hand uniform available for purchase. Please use Scopay to purchase items or contact Mrs Carlisle for more information. email@example.com. Second hand items for sale include: Blazers, White PE shirt, Rugby shirt, PE shorts.
Donations of Uniform
We appreciate donations of uniform and PE/games kits. Please drop your donations in at the school reception. Thank you.
Equipment available to purchase at school
The school Finance Office sells:
- House ties for £7.50
- Calculators for £8.00
- Stationery sets in a clear case for £3.50. Stationery sets include 2 X set squares, a 30 cm rule, compass, protractor, 2 pencils, 2 black biro pens, a purple pen, eraser, highlighter pen, pencil sharpener and glue stick.
- Forest water bottles £2.00
|Times of the School Day|
|08:45 - 08:50||Registration|
|09:10 - 10:50||Lesson 1|
|10:50 - 11:20||Break|
|11:20 - 13:00||Lesson 2|
|13:00 - 13:30||Break|
|13:30 - 15:10||Lesson 3|
Pupil Absence/ Attendance
What happens if my son is late? Punctuality is very important. If your son arrives at school after morning registration has finished, he must sign in at the Reception sign In screen and choose the appropriate reason for his late arrival.
- Persistent lateness. We sanction students who are persistently late. Students will receive a series of detentions if they are late twice or more in a term. If persistent lateness occurs, the Head of Year or Attendance Supervisor will be in contact with you.
- What if my son is ill? Do not send your son to school if he is ill before school starts; please notify the school by phone 0118 978 1626 select option 1, this will put you through to the Attendance phone. Please leave a message on the answerphone. You will also need to notify the school on each subsequent morning of his absence.
A written note detailing the reason for absence must be provided to your son’s Year Tutor on the day he returns to school. If your child becomes sick during the school day, his subject teacher, Tutor or Head of Year will send him to the Medical Room, where he will be assessed by a First Aider and receive treatment if appropriate. If your son is deemed too ill to remain at school, you will be contacted and arrangements made to send him home. Please ensure that your emergency contact details are correct and kept up to date - any changes can be sent to the school via firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my son needs a medical appointment? Medical appointments for your son to see a doctor, dentist etc should be made outside school hours. If this is not possible, please contact the school office as soon as possible by phone or email PupilAbsence@forest.academy with the appointment time and date to ensure your son’s Tutor is made aware of it.
Where can my son get his lunch or a snack?
Our cafeteria supplies a range of healthy hot and cold food, snacks and drinks, and is situated near the main entrance. It is open before school and during break and lunchtimes.
We encourage students to bring in refillable water bottles; as a school we try and limit the use of one use plastic. We have several water fountains in school.
Catering services in the main school are provided by Caterlink. The lunch menu and sample prices can also be downloaded here.
We don't accept cash at the canteen tills as we operate a cashless catering system.
Please click here to find the caterlink Christmas menu which will be served on Monday, 13th and Tuesday, 14th December 2021
Entitled to free school meals?
Applying is very easy. To find out more contact Free School Meal Administrator on 0118 978 1626 ext 1093 or email your enquiry here.
Travelling to School
Travelling to & from school
The school actively encourages pupils to walk to school, or travel by bike and public transport. See below for more details on this.
For travel advice and information in and around Wokingham Borough please visit:
My Journey Wokingham - https://www.myjourneywokingham.com/
- School Transport is run via Wokingham Borough Council. They provide a school bus service, which is run by White Bus Company and Horseman Coaches.
- There are three school bus services, the M12, M13 and M14. For more details please visit the http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/schools-and-education/school-information-and-services/school-and-college-transport/
- There are several Public Bus Routes that students can also use.
- The 128/9, 202, 204 and X4. More information is readily available via https://bustimes.org/
Please see the current routes the buses take. These lists are correct at the time of publishing, but please do check your journey details prior to travelling.
Bad Weather Procedures
Possible Bad Weather
Any school closure information, due to bad weather, will be posted online. Updates will also be available on local radio stations, and via the 'Borough Alert' on Wokingham Borough Council's website.
Local radio stations include: Berkshire Radio, Reading 107 and Heart FM.